It is our aim to equip students with the skills and knowledge required to make the correct personal decision regarding career progression.
With work experience, students are discovering what working in a particular role is like, they are enhancing their knowledge and applying it to school subjects. They are also gaining the essential real life experience that is highly sought after by employers.
Courtyard students in the Sixth Form started doing work experience in January 2016. Since then, they have been doing different placements depending on their needs, abilities and future career goals, for two hours a week. Some students have been going on their own, and others with a member of staff.
From September 2018 to July 2019 the offer of work experience has been extended and the school has secured new placements for our students. Our aim this new academic year is to personalise the placements as much as possible. Our current placements are:
● Islington Ecology Centre, Drayton Park
● Westbourne Early Years Centre, Bride Street
● Temptations Cafe Holloway Road
● Freightliners City Farm Sheringham Road
● Odeon Holloway, Holloway Road
● Tesco Metro, Holloway Road
● The Hope Café, Holloway Rd
● Islington Central Library, Fieldway Crescent
● Melia Hotels International, Albany Street
● Market Road Tennis Centre, Market Road
● Red Brick Road (Marketing), Great Sutton Street
● St Mary Magdalene Academy (IT office & PE), Liverpool Road
Studying Hospitality gives our students the opportunity to join a rapidly growing industry. Our students will learn lots of transferable skills needed to be successful in Hospitality and many other industries. Students will learn essential skills such as planning and running an event, preparing and serving food and drink, and delivering first-class customer service. Hospitality careers give our students the opportunity to travel as the industry has a place in every country. Furthermore, the personal and occupational skills learnt and developed whilst studying this course help our students to present themselves in a positive light when carrying out their weekly work experience.
Andrew and Mya at Melia Hotel International White House.
They’ve been doing work experience in Room service, Guest Experience and at the Lounge Bar.